This is a great job for someone new to the field of landscape. The SEASONAL LANDSCAPER is employed full- or part-time during peak seasons only; works under the direct supervision of the OPERATIONS MANAGER and the LANDSCAPE FOREMEN; performs landscape services; maintains equipment; occasionally communicates with CUSTOMER; performs other duties as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs landscape services; installs plant material; operates various equipment such as Kubota Tractor, skid Steer Loader, Edger, Chainsaws, Hedge Shears; installs hardscape features; grades dirt; installs lawns; performs landscape maintenance work such as mowing, pruning, mulching, clean-up and weeding. May be involved in the operation of Brush Chipper, Stump Grinders, Aerator, etc.
- Maintains equipment; performs equipment maintenance under the direct supervision of the SUPERVISOR; maintains a clean and neat appearance of the interior, exterior and toolboxes of all trucks.
- Maintains a professional appearance during hours of work, complies with Company uniform policies, removes all jewelry or other items considered to be unsafe.
- Occasionally communicates with CUSTOMER.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE: The incumbent should learn the details of the work in about three weeks.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: The incumbent is often called upon to operate a variety of equipment. The incumbent must therefore be able to learn readily the operation of a Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chainsaws, Skid Steer Loader, Kubota Tractor, Hand Tools, Aerator and Dump Trucks.
LICENSING: Possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License
DEXTERITY: The skills to operate Chainsaws, power equipment, motor vehicles and a variety of hand tools are essential.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONING: Due to the strenuous nature of the work, the incumbent must be physically fit. The incumbent must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperature ranges for 8-10 hours at a time. The incumbent must be able to lift and handle 75 lbs. with ease. The incumbent must be able to withstand 15-30 minute periods of intense physical exertion several times daily without becoming winded or tired.
JUDGEMENT: The incumbent works under the direct supervision of trained personnel at all times. The incumbent must be able to assess risk and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of his immediate supervisor.
MECHANICAL ABILITY: The incumbent must be able to understand and demonstrate the proper operation of a variety of machines.
CHARACTER OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Specific work assignments are given to the incumbent by the immediate supervisor. Progress on the work is monitored periodically throughout the day by the immediate supervisor.
NUMBER SUPERVISED: None.
CHARACTER OF SUPERVISION GIVEN: None.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR VALUABLES: The incumbent is responsible for tools assigned for the day.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING ALONG WELL WITH OTHERS: The incumbent is expected to treat other crew members with respect.
PRESSURE OF WORK: The exacting nature of the work and the potential for danger requires the uniform mental attention of the incumbent.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperature ranges for 8-10 hours at a time.